Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Running Banana

Hey gals, just wanted to let you know about a website I found called runningbanana.com. You can custom design technical t-shirts, and there's no minimum number of shirts you have to order. It looks like the shirts are a little pricey (around $35) but I was thinking that we'd better get on it if we want to make t-shirts for the race! They also have cute premade designs if we aren't feeling creative. Click the "Girl Power" icon under the "Shop" tab...I think "This Chick Can Fly!" is cute :)

Of course, if you want to go the cheap route, I'm all for making our own t-shirts too. Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. Yes! I agree we need to get on the ball if we want to have t-shirts. $35 is a little pricey, but I'm willing to pay that if we don't have any other options...which I don't at the moment. I've heard a couple of thoughts on the design, but I'm not sure how to translate that to a computer-ed design so that it can be emailed or even sent to a t-shirt maker. Does anyone know how to do that?

    I wonder if we get a design in a computer format, could we print them on "iron-on" paper and then transfer it to a t-shirt?? I'll try to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read about this website in a magazine. I haven't had much time to look at it, but I thought I'd throw it out there since we're considering all options:

    http://www.cafepress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the cafepress website could be a good one. Seems like the t-shirts are pretty affordable to make. I started working on a design...not very good though. Maybe I'll work on it some more today and send it out to you so that we can get some ideas.

    Haven't heard from Annette lately...how are you doing, friend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. CafePress looks good to me too! I'm thinking that we can just go with regular cotton (or cotton blend) t-shirts. I'll probably wear it over a long-sleeved running shirt, so the cotton won't be against my body anyway.

    I'm not good with creativity. All I can think of for the shirts is "run like a girl." Or there's always "this chick can fly" from the RunningBanana site. Toni, can we see what you've got??

    ReplyDelete