Saturday, October 24, 2009

First 10-miler!

Hey girls! So, what's up? I haven't heard from y'all in awhile. I know you're busy. I hope training and life in general are going well! I hear that Toni and Tessa ran together last weekend, and I am jealous...but Jennifer and I get to run a 10 mile race together next weekend! Yay!

So, I did my first "10-miler" today. It was actually only 9.8 miles, so I'll have to wait until next week to officially break into the double digits. I was happy with how it went! It was a pretty hilly course and I still managed to keep a 10:50/mile pace. So I'm thinking that another 3.1 miles on a flat course won't be too bad! I finished off the pack of Shot Bloks that I started last week, and also ate a pack of lemon Sports Beans (just because the training group had them for us for free). I have a few different flavors of Shot Bloks at home to try over the next few weeks! The sales associate at the running store told me that black cherry, cran-razz, and strawberry are the most popular flavors, so I got one of each.

I will say that I'm sore/stiff in places I never expected. After about an hour of running, I really start to feel it in my abs. I really need to work on my core strength! Tessa, I know you posted exercises from Runner's World awhile ago, but I am a huge slacker when it comes to core workouts...ugh! Also, my hips are pretty sore, which I guess isn't too surprising. I started to feel it after about an hour too. Luckily I don't have any real pain, just some soreness and stiffness. And I'll have to remember to put Body Glide on my toes next time, because I seem to be developing a blister on my little toe.

2 comments:

  1. Goooooo Annette! Sounds like things are really going well with your training. I may need to test out some of these snacks that you're talking about. Looking forward to next weekend! Try to talk one evening this week about more details?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple extra packs of Shot Bloks for you and Allan on Saturday, so you can see if you like them!

    Talking this week sounds great! I have Bible study until 9 tonight, so after 9 tonight, or pretty much anytime tomorrow or Wednesday works for me.

    ReplyDelete