Monday, October 26, 2009

Wipe out!

Hey gals,

Well, Allan was here this weekend, and we had full intentions of running 8 miles. There's this 4 mile loop that I've done before a couple of times, and I was planning to run it twice. Well, about 3.5 miles into the run....I totally wiped out, when I was stepping up from the road to a curb (these granite curbs are no joke around here). So I have some battle wounds....the palms of both of my hands & my knee took a pretty bad hit. So uhhh yeah, that run ended early due to my injury & I've been doctoring up my hands & knee with hydrogen peroxide, neosporin & lots of bandages...what a pain!

So hopefully I'll be able to run a couple times between now & Saturday...when I'll be running 10 miles with Annette. I hope I'm not too slow, since I've probably only run 7 miles at most EVER. Hmmmm.

Valerie posted on my wall yesterday:

"Hey! Are you all still going to Memphis? I am planning to go down that weekend. I am not going to officially run the race, but I'll wear my running clothes in hope I can keep you company for a portion."

How were your long runs this weekend? Less than 6 weeks away.....whoa, baby!

Talk soon,

Jen

4 comments:

  1. Aww Jen, sorry to hear about your fall! I hope your hands and knees heal quickly!

    And you are silly about keeping up in the 10-mile race. We already know that you're way faster than me! You ran a 10K in 1:01!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! How are your knees and hands today? I hope they start clearing up!
    Have fun running the 10 miles race with Annette this weekend! You both will do great. I just ran 6 miles this past weekend, so I'm up for 9 miles this coming weekend. It's just so hard to run that long by yourself. Yuck!

    It will be nice to see Valerie there too! Perhaps she can give us some motivation! :)
    Oh and I booked my flights...I'll be coming in and out around the same times as you and Tessa!

    Hope your wounds are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girls. Enjoy reading your running stories. Best of Luck to all of you. Love ya and Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs. Welty!!! Miss you! Looking forward to seeing you at Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete