Tuesday, October 13, 2009

10K down....1/2 marathon to go!


How's life in ATL, DC, & the 'Burgh? It's gotten really chilly here in NH.....I don't think I'll be able to wear shorts anymore for running outside between now and the 1/2 marathon. One of my coworkers who lives up near Dartmouth (80-90 miles northwest of here) said it snowed 2" at his house this morning & then there was ice between here & there. It was just raining here though. I'm not ready for this weather again!!

So I ran my 10K this past weekend (Allan ran with me) & we almost broke an hour...we didn't stay for official results to be posted, but I clocked it on my watch & we finished in 1:01:19 according to my "unofficial" time. I can't seem to find any results online just yet. So I felt pretty good about the race, and I was just happy that I could run the whole thing (especially since there were a few hills too!).

I plan to run a couple evenings this week with my new running partner as long as the weather cooperates (otherwise, treadmill...blah!). We're trying to stick to a Tues/Thurs schedule pretty much every week. Then, I'll do my long run on Sat morning....hoping for 8 miles. I have a pretty good 4 mile loop downtown here in Manchester, so I'm planning to run it twice & see how that goes. There's a 5K on Sunday that I might do just for fun (I haven't registered yet), but that can't really count for much since I need to be running a little more than that. But it's something, right?

So Annette - I'll be in ATL from Thurs night Oct 29th through Sun Nov 1st, so definitely let me know more details about this 10 mile run while I'll be in town. I may be seriously interested in joining you, since I'll need to run either way. It would be fun to do a run together prior to the race too! We'll try to figure out all the details. Maybe we can catch up again sometime soon to talk about plans.

I'm going to ATL for Thanksgiving (funny that I'll be there while Annette is in WV!), so the next time I'll be home is probably Christmas. Will all of you be home for Christmas this year? I'm flying home from the evening of Dec 23 through Dec 27, so I won't be home long. But maybe we'll be able to squeeze in some time to hang out then too. My mom told me there's a new Mi Pueblo in downtown Fairmont on Fairmont Ave. I think we need to check it out in the near future.

I've been thinking....we won't be in Memphis very long, but is there anything that we should try to see/do while we're there? Have any of you been before? Graceland is the only thing I can think of that attracts tourists, other than just going out on Beale Street. I guess we can try to figure out good places to eat too...I'll try to look up some reviews online. I've only been to Memphis once my freshman year of college to see the Dixie Chicks, but I never saw much of downtown.

Toni - did you book your flight? Are we all getting into Memphis & leaving at about the same times?

Well, I've gotta run (no pun intended). Catch up soon! Only 1 month, 3 weeks, 1 day.....really close! Ahhhhhh!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! Great time on the 10K! Cute picture too!

    I got your e-mail about the flight schedule. Let me know if you need me to pick you up or take you back to the airport! As for the 10 mile race, it's in Stone Mountain (hometown of Kenneth the Page on 30 Rock :) which is kind of a hike from Marietta (about 40 min.) But if you're up for it, I'd love for you (and possibly Allan) to join me! It's a really low key race--registration is $10 and no race t-shirts. Online registration is open at http://www.atlantatrackclub.org/atc_events/Run_Around_the_Rock_5M_10M_15M.htm (but I'll probably just do it the week of the race; it's open until Friday at noon.)

    ReplyDelete