Monday, July 27, 2009

Running in Denver

I am exhausted after a weekend trip to Denver, but it was a great time! Lindy and Scott's wedding was beautiful and was followed by a fun party :) It was great to see lots of Davidson friends as well!

On Friday, we drove over to Boulder, where Colin is working for the summer. We decided to go hiking, which was problematic because some people didn't have good shoes. (I had my running shoes, which were fine.) We walked uphill for 30 min. or so before a group of us decided to head back down into Boulder. I felt like this trek had been a serious workout, especially at 6000 ft. A few of the guys hiked up to Royal Arch, which would have been fun if we were better prepared (it was also 90 degrees outside, but thankfully not humid!)

I did go running on Saturday morning. Our hotel was on the outskirts of the city, so I didn't get to run downtown. Luckily, there was a nice trail that ran along a creek that connected right by our hotel. That was a nice run. I had slept late, so it was warm outside, but again, not humid. It was glorious! I ran a little over 3 miles at the same pace I typically run in Atlanta, so I guess the altitude in Denver didn't affect me.

I was really surprised at how flat Denver is. As my plane descended, I looked out the window and thought, "Wait a second, this looks like Kansas!" Turns out that Denver is actually on a mile-high plateau, with mountains nearby to the west. We drove into Golden (home of Coors Brewing Company) on Thursday night, and one second we were in the plains and another second we were in the mountains!

It was a beautiful, fun weekend! What have y'all been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment