Thursday, July 9, 2009

I look silly when I run.

I got an e-mail yesterday with pictures of me running the Peachtree. The photographers were about 400 yards before the finish line. I was trying to look triumphant (hence the raised arms), but I mostly just look like I'm ready to pass out. I don't think I'll be buying any of these pictures!


P.S. If you can see the orange things on our shoes, those are ChronoTrack "D" Race Timing Tags. It's fairly new technology that is really lightweight and cheap enough for one-time use. It was cool because this was the first year that every Peachtree runner got an official time. You can imagine that collecting chips from 55,000 runners at the finish line would be a logistical nightmare!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, go Annette! I love the raised arms! :-) Did you feel like you could keep running more? You don't look too wiped out in this pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehh, I was feeling pretty wiped out at that point. I'm surprised my face doesn't look more red!

    ReplyDelete