Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hotel, flights, etc

One more thing that I meant to add earlier....have any of you given thought to hotel, flights, etc? I think we should probably go ahead & reserve a hotel room sometime in the near future. Also, Tessa & Toni...flying into Memphis or somewhere nearby? I know Annette's driving...but we should at least start thinking about travel plans & where we'll stay. Also, will any of you be home the weekend before at Thanksgiving? I haven't booked a flight yet....still considering my options since that would be 2 big trips, 2 weekends in a row.....

2 comments:

  1. Good questions, Jen! Unfortunately, the class I'm teaching this fall goes from 12:50-1:40 on MWF, and the day before the race is the next to last day of class, so I don't think I'll feel comfortable canceling it (especially since I'm trying to make a good impression on the faculty!) It's a six-hour drive to Memphis. Luckily I'll gain an hour on the way there, so hopefully I can get there by 7 pm if I don't hit any traffic! Race packet pick-up only goes until 8 pm on Friday 12/4, so I was thinking that I could e-mail y'all copies of my driver's license on the off chance that I don't get there in time to pick up my packet. Anyway, if any of you find a flight into Birmingham that will save you money, I'm happy to pick you up. I should be getting into B'ham around 3 pm (Central Time).

    As for hotels--I think we should stay somewhere that's walking distance from the start and finish. Here's a list of hotels: http://www.stjudemarathon.org/lodging.htm I was going to suggest the Westin because they are known for having comfortable beds, but it looks like they are a little pricey (close to $200). Do y'all want to get one room or two? I'm happy to do either--I like to snuggle :)

    Oh, and it looks like I'll be home for Thanksgiving! And I'm bringing Rob with me this time, as he has vacation that week! Yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Have any of you ever booked travel with Expedia/Travelocity/etc.? I've never done it, but we might be able to save money if one of you books the hotel together with your flight. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete