Thursday, November 19, 2009

Two weeks!

Hey girls! What's happening? Long time no blog! :) I know we're all super busy--especially Tessa! Good luck on Tuesday! You can do it!!

Just thought I'd update y'all on what I've been up to. I missed the 12-mile run with my group last Saturday because Rob and I went to Highlands, NC, for the weekend. It was a great trip, but I was sad to miss the long run with my group. I did manage to run six miles last Saturday morning, and five miles on Sunday. Plus a hike on Saturday afternoon. So I wasn't a complete bum!

My training group is tapering because their race is on Thanksgiving. (Can you believe how quickly it has approached??) I had originally thought about running 10-12 miles on my own today, but I really didn't run alone. So I ran 8.7 miles with the group. I figured that would be fine...right?? I kept my intensity up and finished at a 10:05 pace. How did I manage that? That's faster than my fastest 10K pace! So I'm thinking that I can run faster than I think I can. LOL. Moral of the story, if I'm holding you back during the race, just run faster and I will follow. :)

On another topic, I e-mailed the race coordinators about having one of you pick up my race packet on Friday. They said that's fine if you have a copy of my ID and my registration confirmation. So, if you don't mind, I'll let y'all pick up my stuff so that we can go straight to dinner when I get into town (should be 7-8 pm). I'll give Toni and Tessa copies of my stuff next weekend.

Sounds like a lot of us have gotten new shoes lately! I had been fitted for shoes a few years ago, but I wanted to try out the "scientific" looking system that they use at a different local running store. It was time for new shoes anyway, so I went by Big Peach Running Company and checked it out. First, they have you stand on a pad that analyzes your arches. Mine are medium to low. So the salesperson made sure that the shoes she recommended didn't have high arches. Then they videotape your feet while you run on a treadmill. I overpronate, so she recommended three different pairs of shoes for me to try. I ended up with a pair of Mizunos (except they were green and way uglier than the ones in the picture!) They felt super comfortable when I ran around the block outside the store. Unfortunately, when I got home and took them on a longer run, they made the muscles along the outsides of my feet hurt. It was weird. Luckily, the running store let me exchange the shoes even after I had run outside in them. So I'm back to a new pair of my old standbys, Brooks Adrenaline.

That's about it for me. Hope y'all are doing well! Can't wait to see Toni and Tessa next weekend, and all of you in two weeks! Hugs from Atlanta!

2 comments:

  1. So while we're on the topic of us picking up your race packet on Friday, does the hotel know to expect someone other than you at check-in as well? Should we call and put more than Annette's name on the reservation just to be sure?

    Can't believe it's only 5 days away..... ahhhh!! The shirt looks great.... thanks for modeling it for us!

    Guess we need to exchange any last minute packing ideas & talk a little bit about where we might want to eat & what we definitely want to see while we're in Memphis.

    See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes--I will call the hotel and give them all of your names so that you can check in on Friday.

    ReplyDelete