Monday, November 2, 2009

10 miles down....3.1 to go!


Hey girls!

Wow Toni - that's quite a list you've got there! All of the ideas you mentioned sound really fun, but we should probably decide a few of our top choices & go from there. I wish we could squeeze in everything, but we won't be in Memphis that long! I'll look at some of the links you posted & get back to you with my vote.

So the 10 mile race went well over the weekend. Allan, Annette & I all finished within a couple of minutes of each other.....1:46-1:48ish. We were happy with our times, considering the course had some hills & it started pouring the rain when we still had over 2 miles left. After doing this race, I feel like I'm better prepared for 13 miles than I thought. I was nervous that I'd have to walk, or that I wouldn't be able to imagine running more! Annette shared her Shot Bloks with me, and there were built-in water stops along the way. As it turns out, I'll be in Atl on the day of the Atlanta 1/2 & marathon that Annette's registered for. It's on Turkey Day. I was thinking that since I'll need to run a long run anyways, maybe I'll go out & try to follow all/some of the course after the race at some point in the weekend. Too bad I won't be able to join the rest of you in Fairmont for a run the week before our race.

My running injuries seem to be healing pretty well. My hands are finally scabbing over & they are very itchy. I think my knee will still take some time, but it's on the mend too. How about all of your running aches & pains? Any progress? Tessa - I saw on FB that you're having a foot problem. I hope you're feeling better.

Well, I don't really have too many other updates. I can't believe that it's already November & we're only a month away from the big race. I'm really looking forward to our trip to Memphis!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go girls and Allan!! Sounds like the race went really well for all of you!! I hope you treated your selves to a big breakfast afterwards!!!
    Jennifer, I'm glad your injuries are healing!

    I ran a little more than 9 miles this morning, but was really suffering by the end...my right knee and hip were killing me. I walked another mile afterwards which seemed to help stretch it out some. I did ice it, but think I should may be do more stretching and strength exercises daily so that it doesn't get worse.

    Can't wait until Memphis!

    ReplyDelete