Friday, September 18, 2009

First interval run

I've been slacking a bit on running this week (starting last weekend at Davidson when I skipped my long run...oops!) I did make it to the gym last night to run intervals, though. It has been raining here all week...I am getting a bit tired of it (though I know better than to complain about rain in Atlanta!) I was hoping to squeeze in a run between bands of rain, but no such luck. After one lap around the outdoor track, I was already getting soaked, so I moved inside to the 1/8 mile indoor track. I ran around the indoor track 29 times. It kind of sucked! But I got my interval run in! Next up is a 6 mile run with the training group tomorrow. Hopefully the rain holds off in the morning!

I was just thinking about a Road ID--Toni, did you say you have one of these? I've never run with one before (heck, I don't even carry my cell phone, is that bad?) I'm thinking that since I'm going to be running longer distances, it might be a good idea...just in case.

Happy running to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Annette, I don't carry a cell either, but I think ID is a VERY good idea! Especially if you're running in a big city! Also, random thought: today on my run I saw a girl running in a skirt. I had to smile and think of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I used to have a running tag for my shoe that I got when I trained in Chicago. I don't think I have it anymore. But, I've also been thinking about the importance of having one...especially when we are out on roads and trails. I began thinking about it when Tessa posted about finding a new trail several weeks ago...while I love running on new trails, I just worry about us and want us to be safe! I went to a running store to see about getting us running tags. They had information about the ID tag that Annette posted...I think it's definitely a good idea for us to consider.

    ReplyDelete