Monday, August 31, 2009

Ladies,
I plan on starting my training mid-September. The plan I found that seems like it will work for me has you doing 10 weeks of training. I did get myself motivated to do a 4.5 run this weekend--I was so excited because I found a new trail in this pretty park that is only like a mile away from my house. I never knew it existed! I was getting really sick of running in the city (asphalt is not that pretty--and its HOT!), so I decided to try this park. It's a former overlook site to the Potomac, but trees have obstructed the view, so now there's just a bunch of trails, a vegetable garden and some other cool little nature stops. I DID stop and wonder though about running by myself in the woods... probably not the smartest thing to do, especially after I kinda turned my ankle on a root sticking up out of the ground. It didn't hurt my foot really, but I might stick to some more 'populated' areas in the future!
I have also been trying to schedule short runs during the week with some friends I have in the city. It's a good way to keep me motivated and hold me accountable. One of my friends did the Ragnar relay with me last year and is training for it again this year. I wish I could do that race again--it was sooo crazy! But its right during comps, so that's def. a no this year.
Anyway, I am gearing up for the semester to start. I start teaching on Wednesday and my exams begin this Friday. I am really looking forward to running though because it will give me some time away from my books and allow me to clear my head.
Oh, by the way, Jennifer, Allan and I met up this weekend and had brunch in DC. :) We were talking about running and I scolded her for not having posted her "running story" yet! Now I have seen all of you, except for you, Annette, in the past month. Anyway, I am really excited to see ya'll again in December!!
That's all for now! Happy running, girls.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with teaching and exams! You're a busy one! Lay off Jennifer...she's too busy with her boy to bother with a blog. Hehe :) It seems like I'm the bad friend out of the bunch since I haven't seen you since Toni's wedding! We will be home for Thanksgiving, but that's still a couple months away!

    ReplyDelete